Connect with colleagues to discuss a variety of topics related to your instructional experiences.
Discussions will be facilitated by Dr. Rhett Mayor (Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Secretary of the Faculty) and Dr. Kyla Ross (Assistant Vice Provost for Advocacy and Conflict Resolution).
- Preventing and Recovering from Burnout - Resources and Strategies
- Quick Tips for Conflict Resolution
Tuesday, January 26, 2021: Encouraging Engagement in Large Classes
- Promoting engagement in large classes can be challenging, even more so during times of modified campus operations. Join the conversation as we share strategies, best practice tips and tools for managing class participation, encouraging a sense of belonging, and fostering peer-to-peer interaction.
Tuesday, February 16, 2021: Better Learning Through Belonging
- Cultivating a sense of belonging and inclusivity can strengthen learning, but encouraging engagement is challenging when modified campus operations can lead to isolation. Join the conversation as we share strategies, best practice tips and tools for fostering environments in our labs and classrooms in which students feel a sense of belonging to a community as we all continue to experience the pandemic in unique ways.
Tuesday, March 9, 2021: Improving the Journey - Supporting Faculty Well-Being
- Cultivating a sense of community and well-being can be difficult during these challenging times of modified campus operations. For both new and more experienced faculty alike, the pandemic may be challenging your ability to flourish. Join the conversation as we explore the psychology of positive well-being, share our experiences, and discuss best practice tips and tools for caring for your personal and professional well-being and that of our community - one of Georgia Tech's paramount values.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021: Reflecting and Growing
- If we take a moment to reflect on the past year of challenging times and modified campus operations, there is no doubt that each of us has grown a great deal. What do we want to take from our shared experiences as we move forward? Join the conversation as we explore lessons learned from the Classroom Experiences Survey and focus groups, and discuss best practices and innovative ideas to look ahead to our "return to better."
Tuesday, August 31, 2021: Negotiating Discomfort
- The fall is upon us again, and many of us are facing unique challenges during what continues to be a very uncertain time. We are committed to delivering on our important mission even under the most challenging circumstances, and we recognize that there may be periods of discomfort. Some in our community are returning to campus for the first time since the start of the pandemic, whereas others have been on campus for some time. Join us as we learn productive strategies to negotiate the discomfort. As a community, let's openly share questions, concerns, and best practices as we all navigate the "messy middle" of the fall term.
Thursday, January 27, 2022: Negotiating Discomfort
- As we enter the new year with hope and optimism, we are once again faced with news of challenges that, at times, feel insurmountable. The longing for a sense of normalcy while the rules of the game shift seemingly on a daily basis has led to unmet expectations, disappointment, and emotional (and physical) exhaustion for many. Join us as we continue the conversation and share strategies to negotiate the discomfort. No RSVP required.
Thursday, February 24, 2022: Negotiating Discomfort