2019-2020 Emerging Leaders Program Participants Selected
The fourth cohort of Georgia Tech’s Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) has been selected. Starting in fall 2019 and continuing through spring 2020, the 16 participants will take part in leadership development workshops, a fall weekend activity, small-group work, self-assessments, and 360-degree assessments.
“We are proud of the interest the program has generated among our faculty and are thankful for the support of the Colleges. I offer my heartfelt congratulations to the next cohort of Emerging Leaders at Georgia Tech,” said Rafael L. Bras, provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs and K. Harrison Brown Family Chair. “The program continues to identify talented individuals who are passionate about their leadership journey and in promoting a culture of leadership at Georgia Tech.”
The fourth cohort represents all six colleges.
College of Computing
- Milos Prvulovic, Professor, School of Computer Science
College of Design
- Javier Irizarry, Associate Professor, School of Building Construction
- Julie Kim, Associate Professor, School of Architecture
College of Engineering
- Adjo Amekudzi-Kennedy, Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Victor Breedveld, Associate Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Jaydev Desai, Professor, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Brandon Dixon, Associate Professor, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
- Arijit Raychowdhury, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Marilyn Smith, Professor, Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Jin Liu, Associate Professor, School of Modern Languages
- Olga Shemyakina, Associate Professor, School of Economics
- Jennifer Singh, Associate Professor, School of History and Sociology
Scheller College of Business
- Manpreet Hora, Associate Professor, Scheller College of Business
College of Sciences
- Laura Cadonati, Professor, School of Physics
- Stefan France, Associate Professor, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Ingeborg Schmidt-Krey, Associate Professor, School of Biological Sciences
About the Program:
The ELP was started in 2016 and is designed for associate and full professors who have attained tenure. The program is a collaboration between the Office of the Provost, the Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship, and the Office of Graduate Education and Faculty Development.
2019-20 Program Dates
Note: other than the weekend workshop and Provost's Offsite, workshop sessions vary from 2 – 4 hours.
August 30, 2019 | Welcome Session | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
September 25-26, 2019 | Fall Provost’s Offsite
September 27-29, 2019 | Weekend Workshop
October 11, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
November 8, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
November 22, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
December 6, 2019| 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
January 24, 2020| 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
February 7, 2020 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
February 21, 2020 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
March 6, 2020 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
March 2020 | Lunch with Executive Leadership (Final date TBA)
March 27, 2020| 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
April 10, 2020 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Late April 2020 | Closing Dinner (Final date TBA)
May 2020 | Optional Road Trip (Final date TBA)