Our Central Question:
How might we improve inclusion and belonging for the students, staff, and faculty working in the Provost's Office and its VP reporting units?
About the DEI Council
The DEI Council leads and collaborates with the Georgia Tech community on issues of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to create a climate of belonging for every person affiliated with the Provost’s Office.
- Identifies and works on GT DEI Blueprint strategies in units of the Provost’s Office.
- Addresses DEI issues with annual goals to achieve specific DEI outcomes.
- Raises awareness of these issues and strategies throughout units.
Initiatives and Engagement
The DEI Council supports various initiatives and engagement opportunities to promote a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus environment.
The DEI Council has several sub-committees, each focused on a specific aspect of advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion within the Provost’s Office:
- Inclusive Practice through Discourse
- Train for an Inclusive Culture
- Act on Gathered Data
- Empower Bold and Sustained Change-Making
- Building Community
- Effectively Communicate
- Collaborate Intentionally
Members The DEI Council's members include a chair or co-chairs, staff and faculty members, and undergraduate and graduate students who work in a unit of the Provost’s Office.